Transition to Updated SIT Training Package Qualifications in 2016
On 3 March 2016, the SIT – Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package was updated. The following qualifications offered at this College come from this training package and as a result, these qualifications have now also been updated:
- SIT30713 – Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT30813 – Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- SIT40413 – Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50313 – Diploma of Hospitality
- SIT60313 – Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
The Industry Skills Council (ISC) regularly make changes to Training Packages. When this occurs, colleges and their students are given some time to adapt to the revised Training Package. This is called the ‘teach-out’ period. For our Hospitality & Commercial Cookery qualifications, this teach out period ends on February 2017.
During the teach-out period, new students cannot be enrolled in the ‘old’ course. The college must make arrangements to ensure that all current students can either complete their current course of study or move to a new updated course. Moving to a new or updated course can only occur if you the student agrees with the change of course.
On 3rd March 2016:
The qualification SIT30713 Certificate III in Hospitality was updated to SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality and is now in a transition phase;
- The qualification SIT30813 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery was updated to SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and is now in a transition phase;
- The qualification SIT40413 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery was updated to SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery and is now in a transition phase;
- The qualification the qualification SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality was updated to SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management and is now in a transition phase;
- The qualification SIT60313 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality was updated to SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management and is now in a transition phase.
If, you have enrolled into one of the ‘old’ courses, you now you have two options:
You can complete the ‘old’ course before 28th February 2017 using your current study mode;
If you cannot complete the ‘old’ course by 28th February 2017, you must transfer to the updated course. If you choose to do this, you will need to complete any new curriculum requirements of the updated version of the qualifications. This may incur additional fees.
If you have any concerns about these changes, please speak with Student Services at any time so that we can accommodate your preferences.