SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
Possible Job Titles
- Banquet or function manager
- Bar manager
- Café manager
- Kitchen manager
- Restaurant manager
- Students need to be 18 years of age or over.
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 10 qualification equivalent.
102 weeks (8 terms)
- 70 weeks class time
- 10 weeks work placement
- 22 weeks holiday
20 hours per week
The delivery methods include:
- Face to face learning on campus
- Practical training through work-placement
- Online self-paced learning
For detailed information about the course structure, enrollment and other course related issues, please download the brochure from the link below: