SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
Possible Job Titles
- Chef de partie
- Students need to be 18 years of age or over.
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 10 qualification equivalent.
90 weeks (7 terms)
- 60 weeks class time
- 10 weeks work placement
- 20 weeks holiday
20 hours per week
The delivery methods include:
- Face to face learning on campus
- Practical training through work-placement
- Online self-paced learning
For detailed information about the course structure, enrollment and other course related issues, please download the brochure from the link below: